Terms of business
Terms and conditions for the supply of staff
- (1.) These Terms and Conditions of Business apply to all transactions between Ashley Associates (Date to be specified ) and the Client Company (Hereinafter called the Client) and are deemed to be accepted by the Client by virtue of an interview or the engagement (which term includes employment or use, whether under a contract of service for services, or where a candidate is retained by the Client in a personal or corporate capacity as agent or distributor for the Client) of a candidate howsoever introduced by Ashley Associates within a period of 12 months from the date of introduction.
- (A.) The Client agrees to notify Ashley Associates immediately once a candidate is accepted and to supply copies of all letters of offer to any candidate introduced to the client by Ashley Associates.
- (B.) For the avoidance of doubt, the word 'introduction' means, the presentation of a Candidate by Ashley Associates to the Client for 'Engagement' (as defined above). This applies whether or not the Client knew of a candidate previously or the Candidate was known prior to introduction by Ashley Associates.
- (C.) All accounts and charges are payable within fourteen days of invoice.
- (D.) VAT is payable on all fees and charged at the prevailing rate.
- (E.) If any employee of Ashley Associates or any of its subsidiary companies is engaged by the Client on a contract, permanent or self-employed basis, these Terms of Business will apply. The Client will be liable to Ashley Associates for an introduction fee equivalent to the normal introduction fee in the event of permanent employment. In the event of contract or temporary employment the fee will be equal to two hundred times the hourly rate applicable to contact staff of the relevant category in which the employee was last employed by Ashley Associates. No rebate scale whatsoever shall apply under these circumstances.
- (F.) Fees are calculated as a percentage of the first year's gross renumeration. In the event of a guarantee or retainer being for a period of less that 12 months, the fees shall be calculated on a pro-rata basis as if the guarantee/retainer were for a period of 12 months. Fees shall be in accordance with the sale detailed below. Total Annual Salary % Charged as follows : Up to £14,999: 17.5% £25, 000 - £39,999: 25% £15,000 - £24,999: 20% £40,000 + : 30% If the Client or a member of the Client's staff refers a candidate introduced by Ashley Associates to some other person or body, and that other person or body within 12 months of the introduction of the candidate engages that candidate in any capacity, whether temporary or permanent, or self-employed, the client will be liable for an introduction fee to Ashley Associates at prevailing rates at the date of notification, or discovery by Ashley Associates if not notified. Interest at 2% above the current Lloyds Bank base rate will be applied from the date of appointment until payment of the invoice, without concession.
- (I.) The Client is responsible for taking up reference as to the candidate's qualifications, capabilities, integrity, medical history and suitability to meet the job specification. It is also the Client's responsibility to obtain a work permit for the candidate wherever necessary.
- (J.) Ashley Associates can accept no liability what so ever on behalf of clients, their servants or agents for any loss, damage, costs or expenses howsoever caused which the Client may suffer, or for which the Client may become liable arising out of or in connection with or as a result of introduction to the Client or the engagement by the Client of a candidate.
Ashley Associates complaints policy and proceedure
Ashley Associates is committed to providing a high level service to our customers. If you do not receive satisfaction from us we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact Maz White, Office Manager. You can write to her at: Unit 29 The Steadings Business Centre, Maisemore, Gloucester, GL2 8EY or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details set out. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive our letter within 7 days of us receiving your complaint.
We will record your complaint in our central register within a day of having received it.
We will acknowledge your reply to our acknowledgment letter and confirm what will happen next. You can expect to receive our acknowledgement letter within 7 days of your reply.
We will then start to investigate your complaint. This will normally involve the following steps; We may ask the member of staff who dealt with you to reply to your complaint within 5 days of our request; We will then examine the member of staff’s reply and the information you have provided for us. If necessary we may ask you to speak to them. This will take up to 4 days from receiving their reply.
Maz White will then invite you to meet her to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. She will do this within 7 days of the end of our investigation.
Within 2 days of the meeting Maz White will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions she has agreed with you. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Maz White will send you a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include her suggestions for resolving the matter. She will do this within 5 days of completing her investigation.
At this stage, if you are still not satisfied you can write to us again. Kay Coles, Director of the company will review Maz’s decision within 10 days.
We will let you know of the outcome of this review within 5 days of the end of the review. We will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the REC, the industry trade association, of which we are a member by writing to the Professional Standards Team, REC, 15 Welbeck Street, London W1G 9XT.
If we have to change any of the time scales above, we will let you know and explain why.